Encore is a music, vocal and drama service which provides high quality, individualised tuition for children at all levels. Led by an experienced and committed staff team at Harrogate Grammar School, Encore specialises in ensuring that music tuition is enjoyable as well as suitable for those students who wish to further their musical education through examinations. Teachers are music or drama professionals, hand-picked to ensure children receive a bespoke and appropriate musical experience.
- Provides a smooth transition from Primary to High School
- Any student from Year 3 is eligible
- Approximately 33 lessons per year
- Pupils in pairs until Year 7, when individual lessons commence
- Tuition in Brass, Strings, Vocal, Woodwind, Guitar, Percussion, Piano, Drama (LAMDA)
- All teachers are music graduates, practicing musicians and hold enhanced Criminal Records Bureau certificates
- Currently a team of 14 dedicated and professional staff offering support to students pursuing up to GCSE and A-level standards
- Written reports presented twice each year
- Opportunities to perform in HGS concerts, performing with more experienced musicians in a friendly atmosphere
- Regular staff lesson observations
Encore attracts more than 200 students a week at Harrogate Grammar School. It provides a much valued service for individual music tuition and continues to grow. Specialist instrumental tuition is arranged at the convenience of pupils and teachers and lessons take place in your school.
Encore, a cost efficient, high quality service refined over the past 4 years.