The central operations team supports all schools within the Trust in ensuring all statutory and legislative compliance requirements are monitored and met.
These include the following areas:
- The provision of a Health and Safety (H&S) policy framework within which all schools operate with clearly defined leadership and management accountabilities and responsibilities. The policy includes a schedule of H&S arrangements for e.g. educational visits policy and accident/incident reporting procedures that are expected to be implemented at individual school level.
- The team operates a single Educational Visits policy and manages all approvals via a single on-line approvals system, Exeant, as well as providing training for school-based Educational Visits Co-ordinators and Leaders.
- Risk Manager software is used to record and manage all compliance and maintenance tasks within our schools. This ensures that all schools are up to date with their compliance tasks and the Trust have an oversight of this centrally.
- The Trust provides a Health and Safety (H&S) internal audit process via its partner, North Yorkshire County Council, whereby each school is visited annually for an in-depth Health and Safety Paperwork Audit and Fire Risk assessment audit.
- The Trust also provides a Data Protection Officer service via its partner Judiciam Education supporting schools with regards to the implementation of its Data Protection policy and instances of Subject Access and Freedom of Information requests.